DISPOSSESSION AND ITS DISCONTENTS
RESOURCES & LINKS
May McClintock’s Classic: After the Battering Ram
Sweeney’s & Derryveagh:
- Sweeney Clan Chief (MacSweeney Lordships of Donegal)
- (Mac) Sweeney Doe Clan (Official Clan Site)
- For Dan Mor Sweeney (The Prime Suspect)
- Ode to Tarlagh Mac Sweeney (The Great Piper, Kin of the Evicted)
- Donegal Historical Resources (Lindel Buckley)
- Recovering Glenveagh: Hidden Underfoot (Charles Orser)
- Recovering Glenveagh II: Repairing Links (Steve Brighton)
- A Derryveagh Overview (McGeady)
- Surnames on DRF Ships (Bill Spillane)
- In Derryveagh’s Wake: Shipped Off to Australia (Spillane)
- Donegal Relief Fund (Spillane)
- Donegal Relief Fund: Five Shiploads (Barrett)
- Evictees Surnames by Townland (Sherlock/Cannon Queen)
- Remembrance and Reforestation (Coillte)
- Landlords of Donegal (Donegal Library)
- Emigrations from King’s County to Australia (Harrison)
- Adair & The County Laois Connection (Michael Dempsey)
- Adair’s Seat in Queen’s County (nr. Ballybrittas)
- WS Trench & The Shirley Estate (Carrickmacross.ie)
- The Letters of “Norah” On Her Tour through Ireland – Eyewitness reports from the aftermath (Margaret Dixon McDougall)
- Glenveigh: victims of vengeance (Patrick Sarsfield Cassidy)
- An American Dispossession: The Sullivan-Clinton Campaign (Robert Spiegelman)
- www.irelandstory.com – Great map source
- The Donegal County Museum“Fun Facts” for Tourists: Adair’s Glenveagh MINUS the Evictions!
- “Fun Facts” for Tourists: Adair’s Glenveagh BECAUSE of the Evictions!
- Gardens ‘R Us: Another “Eviction-Free” Zone!
- Sligo Heritage Site by Joe McGowan, with items on the region’s dispossessions.
WHERE TO STAY
- The Grainan B&B; at Bridgend is the kindest, most convenient and affordable place to stay in north Donegal. And with stunning views!